Friday, January 24, 2014

Book Review 23: Allegiant

One choice will define you.

What if your whole world was a lie?

What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?

What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

Told from a riveting dual perspective, Allegiant, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the Divergent series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.



I am still in denial that its all over. Allegiant was one of the most anticipated novels of 2013 written in duel perspectives of Tris and Tobias I couldn't hide my excitement for the life if me. It was like my own personal bible, I read it as much as possible any chance I got. 

Now that I've finished this all I can say is that it is:
WARNING: Those who suffer from a fragile heart prepare for heartbreak

Let's just start by saying: there is NO supplement for reading the book, so if you are depending on a review to finish out the series or sum up how to feel about the book; its not going to happen! Read it now and be brave.

The plot was amazing. If your a reader looking for a forgot-to-pick-up-the-kids, my-heart-just-bursted-into-thousands-of-shreads one sit read WELL YOU FOUND IT! but I'm not about to spill ALL the beans about what happened! READ THE BOOK.

Let's begin with a slow applause for our characters: they truly are what made the Divergent series great, but that's not to say there wasn't character-reader friction cause there was ... ALOT

Tris really pissed me off in this book, not because she was underdeveloped or a bad character, but because SHE WAS EVERYTHING I WANTED HER TO BE! This just goes to say: be careful about what you wish for! I know I don't make much sense but it's true, she was strong, loving and in the the end shows what true bravery is.

“There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater.

But sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life.

That is the sort of bravery I must have now.”

 Of course I never wanted it to end like that though! I understand the decision that she made but it shattered my heart for Christina and Tobias. They were supposed to grow old and have 29 little grand babies after everything was done!  

Oh god Tobias! 

Who knew that the jerk-instructor at the beginning of Divergent would have ever melted my heart! It seriously turned into goo. We all knew that Tobias had a past but I had no idea how deep he truly was until I was in his head. We see this new vunurable side of Four that I for one never saw coming, we saw his need for human comfort and his need for Tris.

“She taught me all about real sacrifice. That it should be done from love... That it should be done from necessity, not without exhausting all other options. That it should be done for people who need your strength because they don't have enough of their own.”

*wipes tear

and when he found out that Tris dies I died...

“But when I do feel all the strength go out of me, and I fall to my knees beside the table and I think I cry, then, or at least I want to, and everything inside me screams for just one more kiss, one more word, one more glance, one more.”

DO NOT GET ME WRONG THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO THIS BOOK THAN THE SADNESS!

“You're not very nice," I say, grinning.
"You're one to talk.
"Hey, I could be nice if I tried.
"Hmm." He taps his chin. "Say something nice, then.
"You're very good-looking.
He smiles, his teeth a flash in this dark. "I like this 'nice' thing.” 

Even though it didn't the way I invisioned, I thought it was a beautiful and slightly prefect ending because it reality the character were true to them self and there was a sense of hope that everyone was going to be okay. If you know the characters then all the decisions and everything that happened was meant to be:

The girl who jumped first on initiation day, took knifes to defend her friend and risked her life to let out the truth about the video...did what she was suppose to do; be brave OR The boy with only four fears learned how to depend on other for support. He learned how to trust and when to let go. He shows us the meaning of love and the need to change.

There was just SO MUCH about this book I could't possibly fit into this one post so do yourself a favor and READ THE SERIES. I am 100% certain you will love it. From the beginning to the very last page, I was on an emotional twist of emotions. The plot of the series came into full circle as we were introduced to the new world of freedom. This post was a blink so do yourself a favor and read it

“I'll say it one last time: Be brave.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment