Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Book Review #5 Onyx



Straight From The Reader Mouth. 
One Read  At a Time.
Book Review #5
Onyx by  Jennifer Armentrout
(Lux #2)



Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
-Goodreads.com

* The Break Down:


“Oh holy alien babies everywhere!” 

If you're like me and thought that Obsidian was great, then Onyx is about to blow you away. For me, going into Onyx I had very high expectations; seriously sky high because of how much I loved Obsidian, and it managed to exceeded every single one of my extremely and ridiculously high expectations. Armentrout gives you everything that you could ever want in a sequel and then some you didn't even know you wanted! It was full of romance, fretfulness, action, and my personal favorite smart-assery. 

The Lux series has introduced me to a boat load of new words I plan on using if I am ever in need an insult, my personal favorite being "douche canoe"  Classic.

One of the reasons I believe I'm so mesmerized by the Lux series is because of its main character, Katy Swartz.  Katy's extreme love for books and blogging mixed with her witty attitude, and of course her impolitic choices some how make her relatable. I find myself agreeing with most of the choices Katy makes even if they do end in disaster. Katy always has the best intentions at heart, the problem is that you can't always control the outcome and sometimes best intentions don't always have the best outcome. That being said Katy is an extremely strong character. Although things don't always turn in her favor she always wants to protect the ones that she loves, even if she must suffer.

Daemon Black *Pause to swoon 
Is back in full force in Onyx, except this time he is determined to get Katy to like him. Daemon is still the same egotistical, smug boy from Obsidian, but now the reader gets to see glimpse of his sweet side. How Katy resisted him, I will never know. Between the pen pokes, his witty sense or the way he says "Kitten" I would have been a puddle of mush. I think it's safe to say that Daemon is my new book boyfriend, Sorry Patch.
Oh, as for Daemon and Katy's dysfunctional relationship, it only gets better.

“Not in this lifetime, buddy,” I said finally. 

“Resistance is futile, Kitten.” 

“So is your charm.” “We’ll see.”

Overall, Onyx will knock you off your seat and leave you dying for the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment